Sunday, January 20, 2008

Cedar Heights Baptist Church

For the past 3 years and 10 months, I have had the privilege of being the secretary for Cedar Heights Baptist Church in Cedar Hill, Texas. Having been a "secretary" almost all of my adult life and for many years, being my preacher husband's secretary, I have found being a church secretary to be where I am most comfortable. Prior to moving to Texas, I was secretary for almost 8 years at Woodland Heights Baptist Church in Conway, Arkansas. Jeff & I both feel that it is a much better situation, when I am secretary at a church where we are not members and/or where he is not the pastor. Consequently, my time at Cedar Heights has been very enjoyable. The good folks there quickly became dear to my heart. Since Jeff was always in his own pulpit on Sundays and I was with him, we never had an opportunity to worship with our brothers and sisters at Cedar Heights until today. So on our last Sunday in Texas, we were able to attend the worship service at CHBC. I was overwhelmed at their love today in both well wishes, hugs, and a very generous love offering!! Thank you so very much, dear friends, for your tremendous outpouring of friendship!

This is the fine staff--left to right: Josh Claycamp, Associate Pastor (Josh preached this morning and did a great job!); Royce Dodd, Pastor; Kyla Gleason, Children's Minister; Mark Isbell, Youth Minister; and Mark George, Music Minister. You have been a great group to work for and with. Thanks to each of you for putting up with me!! :-)



This picture is of Pastor Royce and Cliff Erwin, Chairman of the Personnel Committee presenting me with the wonderful love offering. Both of these men have been very kind and helpful to me during my tenure as their secretary. Thanks, guys!




Also the week prior to my last day, I had a very enjoyable lunch with 4 wonderful gals who were so good to me. They willingly filled in for me when I had to be absent and also helped me in many projects when I was in need of an extra hand. Girls, you will be my friends forever and I love and appreciate each of you! From left to right are: Helen Carr, Myra Brooks, Betty Oswald and Milly Jo Holveck.


And this picture is of my sweet friend, Lana George and my little buddy, Issac. They would come to the office often and Issac was a joy. He knew Miss Debbie had candy in her cabinet for him, so he was always "hungry." Mark & Lana's parents live in the same area of Arkansas that we are moving too and I look forward to seeing them when they are there visiting family!! Marketplace Express---right, Mark!!?!?


And the last picture is of Kyla and myself. Kyla is a sweet gal and God is going to use her in a wonderful way for His kingdom's glory.


I sure am going to miss all of these fine friends.

Thank you again for allowing me to be your church secretary!!



No comments: