I'm not sure what we were thinking 36 years ago on December 22, 1972 when we got married
(just that we were in love and didn't want to wait any longer to get married -ha!) Our anniversary is the 22nd and then Christmas on the 25th and my birthday on the 29th~~~
Jeff & I met Mom at Johnny Carino's in Joplin on Monday, the 22nd for our anniversary meal. Jeff then went on to Pittsburg to spend a few days with his mother and Mom and I did some shopping in Joplin and Pittsburg, then headed to Girard for the week. Mom took our picture at the restaurant (
we are wearing Arkansas Hog sweatshirts Andy & Carman gave us for Christmas). I think this was the first anniversary in 36 years that we slept apart on our anniversary - ha! Must be a sign we are getting OLD. However, we have had a very blessed 36 years of marriage and I thank God every day for my wonderful husband!
I like this picture the best, but it had a person walking behind us.........

No extra person in this one........

Mom and Evelyn both gave me money for my birthday...Bev gave me a Bath & Body gift set...

Kaye gave me a long black sweater

Carolyn sent me a card and money. Glo and my kids called me via telephone and the girls at work gave me great gifts and a wonderful meal. My boss and his wife gave me a very generous gift card to the Promenade and Karen Kingsbury's latest book. I had numerous birthday wishes via Facebook and email and several cards mailed or handed to me. Jeff took me to Texas Land & Cattle and then to Steak & Shake for a strawberry/vanilla shake!
Thanks to all for making my 55th birthday a great one!
1 comment:
Glad it was a good birthday and anniversary!
And I soooo agree - what were yall thinking?! I have thought that many times over the years. hahahaha
Post a Comment