We had a major storm come thru Thursday evening. Jeff & I had gone out to eat and then ran some errands and also was getting groceries for the weekend. Unfortunately, lightning took out the power at our nearby Wal-mart, so I only got half my shopping done before we were asked to check out. We also lost power here at home for about 45 minutes. But thankfully, it didn't last long.
I was blessed to have Good Friday off as our church offices were closed for the day. I sure do miss my Friday's off -- having only worked 4 days a week at the last two church jobs I've had over the past 12 years. So it was definitely a treat to have the day off and doing those things that I usually do on Saturday. I even prepared a meal to take to one of our Metro gals who had surgery recently. Jeff loves it when I do meals for others, cause he gets a home-cooked meal out of it as well :-) Friday was a rainy cold day, so a good day to stay home.
However, Saturday was a beautiful warm day - delightful!! Metro had an Easter Egg Hunt late in the afternoon for the kiddo's, which was fun.....here are some pics of that:
We came home and Erika joined us for "momma's" roast dinner and fixin's. We missed Josh who is in Rotterdam, Germany and Rachel & Derek who had responsibilities at Antioch Baptist this morning. I meant to get some pictures of our lunch, but forgot.
Truly, Easter is my favorite holiday and this year has been wonderful. I pray you all had a blessed day as well!

4 comments:
I wondered if Pinnacle had a drama scene, too. Ours was amazing (and I'm not just saying that b/c John was a disciple).
Looks like you all had a great Easter. One of these days, we are going to visit Metro! I really want to come, but John has had to work the last few Saturdays.
It was good seeing you a few weeks ago. I wish we could see more of you all ... and wish we could see Rachel!
Megan
I tagged you...See my blog. :)
Just now getting to look at these... :-) Looks like the drama was excellent!
Someone needs to update their blog!
Post a Comment