Sunday, September 13, 2009

We are going to be grandparents!!!

Jeff and I have waited a long time to make this announcement! We are going to be grandma and grandpa - hooray!! What better day to post this on my blog - than on Grandparents Day! Our middle son, Andy and his wife, Carman gave us this wonderful news last weekend at the lakehouse in Bella Vista where we were all spending the holiday. There were tears and much celebration! Carman went to the doctor on Tuesday and all looks well and their due date is May 1st, 2010, which is another cause for joy as that is Rachel's birthday! Here is the most recent picture I have of just Andy & Carman and their doggie, Hondo.





This is a picture of Jeff & I with them shortly after they gave us the news. Carman teaches 3rd grade in the Springdale (Arkansas) school district, so the due date of May will be perfect to coordinate with her school schedule. God is so good to answer our prayers in this way.


This is a picture of all the family at that same time. Josh & Erika are still pursuing open doors for adoption - both internationally and/or domestically, however God leads. Rachel & Derek hope to begin their family next year and we have two nieces also expecting babies: Shawna & Nathan are expecting their first in March and Shannan and Mike are expecting their third in April, so 2010 is promising to be a very exciting year for the Swart/Boore families!

Thank you, Jesus!

One additional note: today I received my very first Grandparent gifts - yeah!! Leigh, our super wonderful secretary at church gave us sweet photo albums -- boy and girl to cover both bases
:-) and a "keeper" first Grandparent card. The church gave the notepad and pen to each grandparent today. Yes, I cried again when Jeff made the announcement to our church family -- and I was able to proudly stand with the other grandparents for a time of prayer. A memorial day! I've tried to upload pictures and this blog is not cooperating -- so you'll have to check Facebook for those photos!

1 comment:

Rachel Cox said...

I didn't even realize yesterday was Grandparent's Day! Well geez louise! Happy 1st Grandparent's Day! :-)

It's even more exciting now that we can talk about it and blog about it! I have already written 2 blogs about it, but am glad I can now post what I have written! ha!!