Friday, August 26, 2011

Fun Visit to Conway

One of the many blessings that I have enjoyed since moving to Galena, is the wonderful gift of not having to work outside of my home.  It has allowed me to go with Jeff to visit folks in the hospital or in homes, attend funerals, various meetings, be more involved in the women’s Bible study ministry at our church, and then also given me the freedom to go spend sweet time with our granddaughter and spend more time with my Mom and my sisters.  That was the case last week, when Mom and I traveled to Arkansas to my sister Kaye’s home in Conway.  Bev drove up from Texas and also spent the week with us there.  Kaye and Rob have a beautiful home that was recently remodeled and Kaye was a very gracious hostess.   We had a great time.  Here are a few pictures of our time together.

We were thrilled with a little "cool" front the first of the week and so we enjoyed some delicious meals and fun game playing on this beautiful screened in patio:

 One day we visited several antique shops in downtown Conway and had a tasty lunch at Jenifer's:

That same afternoon we went to the new theatre in Conway and watched "The Help" on a huge screen (Bev took the picture).
Once we got past the first few minutes of bad language, the movie was a great story!
Our last night, we took along Rob and went to eat at Oak Street Bistro:
Thank you, Kaye Lynn, for your wonderful hospitality and thank you, Rob, for putting up with four “Boore” women!  You have a reward awaiting you in glory J!

On Mom's and I's return to Kansas, we made a "pit stop" to see Lainey-Bug (and Andy and Carman).  Laine had just started walking the weekend before, so I wanted to see her in person.  She's as precious as ever!

2 comments:

Beverly said...

Another great post. Thanks!! I had a great time, too. :)

Kaye Harkness said...

Your visit was our pleasure...I can speak for myself and my dear husband that we are genuinely grateful that you all know you are welcome at our house anytime. We had a lot of fun and was able to catch up on things eye-to-eye, since most of our catching up is done over daily emails! I love your update too after this one about your two years at FBC, Galena. God has definitely blessed there!