After completing that LONG posting below, I went for an hour walk....and as I walked, I thought of several events in our lives that I forgot to post about. Goodness!
So here goes -- most of the events were in March (along with Rachel & Jonathan's engagement announcement, which I did post about in March).
The first of March, I was privileged to go to Tulsa, Oklahoma with a group of women from our church for the "Extraordinary Women's Conference." This was my second time to attend this conference and it was really good. Great music and speakers.
A very fun time!
During the month of March, Mom was really sick. We didn't realize what exactly was wrong, till she ended up in ER one night with deydration. It was determined she had a urniary tract infection. So I spent several days in Girard with her and taking her to doctor's appointments and tests in Pittsburg. So thankful, after a really rough time, she is feeling 100% better and back to her normal active self! Love you, Mom!
During the middle of March was Spring Break. Since we don't have any of our normal church activities during that week (Women's Bible studies; Wednesday night activities, etc.), we had the sweet blessing of Laine staying with us for 3 days and 2 nights. It was her first overnight visit at Papa and DeDe's house without Momma and Daddy. What a wonderful time we had!!
Sure hoping this means she is going to be a pianist like her Momma.
Watching Sesame Street with Papa and doing the motions
Letting DeDe have some cuddle time.
On Saturday morning of that week, Laine and I headed to NWA for a full day of activities. I dropped Laine off with her Dad, picked up Carman and she and I went to Fayetteville to a Bridal Shop to meet Erika and Rachel for "wedding dress" shopping. Rachel did good.....within an hour, she had the perfect dress picked out! This is a "cropped" shot of that time as we do not want the groom to see the dress yet :-)!
After shopping, we had lunch together at Jason's Deli, hurried home to freshen up, then headed to Bentonville for a baby shower for Ellie. Here are the hostesses of the shower with the guest of honor, Carman (and Ellie):
I love the opportunity to be with my girls!
Presents time
Cute!
I drove home later that day, happy but exhausted!!
A couple of weeks later, was Easter! We had a wonderful service at First Baptist that morning. A beautiful day weather wise, record attendance, lots of visitors, a powerful time of worship and decisions for the kingdom of God. Thank you, Lord, for your anointing on this special day and especially that Jesus did not stay in that tomb, but rose from that grave and is living on high, interceding for me......and preparing to come again!!
We had 3 or 4 Easter dinner invitations that day, which was so kind of our church family. However, for the first time in a very long time, we were spending the day with all our kids. I had cooked a turkey and made homemade noodles and several other dishes and we headed to NWA that afternoon. Josh and Erika had so graciously offered to have the family in their home for our Easter meal. Everyone contributed so we had tons of food and all of it was delicious!!
Jonathan's baby sister, Jennifer, joined us (and we love her!)
After we ate, it was time for a family picture. Laine saw an airplane and yelled it out, so we had to look :-)
Finally got that family pic
Then it was time for the Bug to hunt eggs
After that, we went over to a very nice park in Josh and Erika's backyard (built by a grant from J.B. Hunt)
She loves the slide!
Then it was kite flying time (perfect weather for it!)
Josh and two of his three dogs......
Going for a ride on Aggie
After it got dark, we headed back indoors for her to find her basket from us and open the gifts.
This definitely was a wonderful day for us. We spent the night at Andy, Carman and Laine's home. Jeff and I, along with Laine, went to visit one of our FBC shut-in's, Miss Louise Ryan, at a nearby nursing home on Monday morning. Then dropped Laine off at home and headed back to Galena.
It will be an Easter to remember!!


No comments:
Post a Comment