Monday, October 15, 2012

Monday Morning Ponderings

As I did my morning walk at Galena City Park,
I pondered several things.
First of all, how thankful I am for the health and my two legs to walk.  Secondly, for the change of seasons.  I am blessed that I don't have allergies (like my husband) and can enjoy the out-of-doors during the fall.  This morning the temperatures hovered right around 70 -- just perfect!
Loved the Flag blowing in the breeze!
 The flag also made me thankful that I am an American!  Although my heart is very burdened at the state our Country has become.....and concerns me greatly as to her future!  I took a few minutes right then to pray for America and her leaders and the pivotal election less than a month away.
 
As I continued my walk, I marveled at God's amazing creation.  This pretty little bubbling brook reminded me of the blessing of recent rains after such a drought-stricken summer!
The beauty of the trees changing colors also delighted me. 


 On my way home, I swung by the church and took this picture of the construction progress.  Much excitement as First Baptist is remodeling and adding an additional 3600 square feet to her facilities!! 
I am definitely a blessed woman with a great family, loving Church family and wonderful friends. 
 
Thank you, Lord!

2 comments:

Edith Davis said...

You are blessed!

Beverly said...

Great post and pictures. You are definitely blessed! :)