Friday, September 19, 2014

Our first time for all 3 Grandkiddos to stay in Galena with us

 Jeff and I recently needed to go to NWA on a Thursday for a surgery of one of our church members.  So I sent an email to Carman and Rachel asking if any of the grandkids would like to come home with us.  I was thrilled when they said yes to all 3!  Rachel and Jonathan thought it would be nice to have a "child" free weekend before their baby girl comes as it will be a long time before that happens again for them and Carman had some projects she wanted to finish up and knew she could do that easier without the girls underfoot.  So after the surgery, we picked up Copeland and then went and got the girls!
They seemed as excited about the visit as we were :-)
 We got home at "nap" time but did let them play for a while
 
 
 
 
 After naps, they were playing with the costume jewelry
 Yes, even Copeland - ha!
 Thursday night, Jeff went to the first Galena football game, so the kids and I had the evening to ourselves.  They got their pj's on
 and then we watched Beauty and the Beast.  I wish the videos I took were good enough to post - but they weren't.  I loved watching all 3 of them dance to the music!
 Friday morning - getting some cuddle time before we started our day.  Morning time is always my favorite with the babies as they like to be held and are so lovable.
 Fully awake now and ready to play.  They sure do love each other.  Carman kept Copeland the first year of his life while Rachel taught and that has developed a sweet bond between them.
 I was pretty proud of myself -- got them fed and dressed by 10!
 Friday afternoon - nap time again but Laine is old enough now she doesn't usually take a nap but has "quiet" time to read/rest.  Although 2 of the 5 days I had them, she did fall asleep :-).
 After naps but while Copeland was still sleeping, the girls got their fingernails and toenails polished
 Then our little guy woke up
 Friday night, I fixed one of their favorite meals - spaghetti and yes, I let each one feed themselves.  A mess, but it cleaned up -- and they all got baths!
 All nice and clean and so sweet!
 Papa reading to them their bedtime Bible story
 Saturday morning.  In honor of our beloved Razorbacks playing that day, we dressed in our cheer outfits
 
 
 Bob the Builder...aka Copeland Ware
 I love, love these pictures of them!
 
 It had been a rainy morning, but by afternoon, the rain had stopped, so we took the kids to a church member's house to ride their Shetland Pony.  This is at the house before we left.
 
 Laine's turn first
 then Ellie's
 And lastly, Copelands.....thanks Kayleen for all the trouble to let the kids ride a horse!
 Sunday morning -- I was really worried about getting the kids and myself (plus a dish for lunch) ready and out the door by 9:30 (Jeff always leaves  by 6:30-7 so wasn't there to help) - but I did it.  Even arrived a little early for Sunday School!
 After church
 For Sunday lunch, we joined the Hall family at Leigh and Dave's.  The kids loved the swingset:
 
 
 Monday, I met Carman halfway and exchanged the kids. Since Rachel is babysitting a 2 month old baby girl, Carman also got Copeland and took him to his Momma.
I was one exhausted DeDe, but wouldn't trade a minute of it.  I love, love each opportunity we have to spend time with those precious blessings!  Thanks to Andy, Carman, Rachel and Jonathan for sharing their children with us!
 Then on Saturday, Mom and I returned to NWA for Rachel and Eisley's baby shower.
Laine was the only grandchild to attend so had to get a picture of this cutie.  The table was so cute and the food was all delicious!
 Our girl is having a girl!!  So excited for her (and Jonathan)!
 Our family (niece Kristin came in after this picture was taken)
 Eisley got lots of cute outfits (and diapers) -- the two things Rachel was really needing for her
 
 The girls at Metro do this for most of their baby showers -- the hostesses buy oneies in lots of sizes, templates and material and then the guests are asked to choose a pattern/material and iron on the onesie.  Neat idea!
 Laine's hadn't dried yet when the pic was taken so that is why the dark pink - but it dried and was so cute for her first creation!
 
 And so we now wait (rather impatiently) for Eisley Elizabeth to be born.  She originally wasn't due til October 2nd, but has measured a week plus early all along.  So she will be induced next Friday, September 26th (unless she decides to come before then).  We are so very excited to welcome another precious grandchild into our family and already love her dearly!

No comments: