Thursday, April 10, 2008

An Amazing Holy Land Journey!

Words will not adequately describe the past two weeks as we truly were on "Holy Ground." When Jeff returned from Israel 24 years ago or when Kaye & Rob returned after their visit two years ago -- I just didn't understand what they saw and felt or that such a trip could change their lives. And for many of you - I'm sure you are wondering as well how a visit to Israel could be such a life-changing experience. All I can say -- it is true and I pray many of you will be able to visit this Holy Land someday soon. Since this is primarily a family blog, the majority of my pictures will be of family "on location." I wish I had the time and this blog could hold the 1500+ pictures we took, but I can't, so I am putting my favorites on here for now. Hopefully as days progress and time allows, I will get pictures added of the wonderful friends that joined us. We certainly had an absolutely fabulous group of folks that went. Not a one of them complained or caused any problems. Little Lincoln was an "extra-special" joy to all the group. No baby could have been better! His continual smiles brought smiles from all the group -- as well as anyone who passed by.

I want to first and foremost thank you, Lord, for so many answered prayers -- for safe travels for all, for gorgeous weather, for health and safety, for such a sweet spirit among the group, for new friendships and renewing old friendships, for the special times Jeff & I had with Andy, Rachel and Derek and Kaye and Rob and their family and for making Yourself so real to us!

Thank you, Lord for blessing me so abundantly!

Brief descriptions of the pictures (click on any of them to see in larger format):

Our entire group, plus tour guide, David, and bus driver Haled at Nimrod's Fortress:

Our family on an original street that Jesus would have walked in Jerusalem:











Sea of Galilee in the background
























On our boat ride on the Sea of Galilee, our guide had Kaye read the Scripture where it talks about grandchildren being a blessing.










Several of our group were baptized in the Jordan River as a statement of rededication














Rachel & Derek





Our tour guide, David Aarons and Lincoln














Lincoln in a sycamore tree








One of the most memorable experiences was in the Garden of Gethsemane. Andy delivered a powerful devotional and then we each had an opportunity to spend time in prayer. I will never forget it!





























A really "fun" experience was riding a camel!! WOW - never thought I would get to do that!





















Lincoln is sporting his "tammult" hat (look closely--it is also called a "yarmulke")








The boys swimming in the beautiful springs at Ein Gedei where David and his men swam when hiding from King Saul





Miscellaneous pictures











Sunrise over the Sea of Galilee

6:40 a.m.

2 comments:

PreschoolMommy said...

you really ought to become a SCRAPBOOKER with all of those photos. Job well done!

Rach sent me the one of Derek at the garden, praying. That touched me!

I'm so glad that you all had a wonderful trip! Thanks for sharing it with those of us who didn't get to go...maybe next time!

Beautiful...simply beautiful!

aLLeN said...

Hi Debbie! Carolyn shared with me your blog as we are planning a trip this next January 2010! We are so looking forward to it and would covet your prayers for our trip as we plan and prepare a group to have this experience together. Thanks for posting this wonderful pictures and hope to have some to share with you. . . . if the Lord tarries!! allen