Saturday, September 20, 2008

My First Week on the New Job at FBC, Springdale

It was a really good week. Typically first weeks on new jobs are tough!! But I thoroughly enjoyed my week. I did come home exhausted and totally "wiped" out in the evenings, but everyone was so kind and helpful that it made the week go great. Clint, my boss, is a super guy and the girls that I work closely with have been so sweet. Last night, Jeff & I joined a lot of the staff at a tailgating/birthday bash before the football game and had so much fun. It was wonderful to meet their spouses and their children. We enjoyed some good eatin' too! Then we attended our first Shiloh Christian football game. And YEAH, they won - which was big upset over a team who has won state several years. GO SAINTS!! As I type this, I'm watching the Hogs game -- unfortunately that game wasn't near as good :-(

I've included a couple pictures of my pretty office. Clint and I are in the Senior Pastor wing, along with Pastor Floyd and his secretary, Anita and Andy Wilson, Executive Leader of Administration & Operations, and his secretary, Sandra and Administrative Assistant, Dani.

My desk and work area:

The sitting area in my office
Even though I've been a church secretary for many, many years, I am learning lots of new and challenging stuff. But it's all good! And again, I am so very grateful God has given this job to me!!

Keep Jeff in your prayers.......he's flown to Mississippi, where he'll be speaking Sunday-Wednesday.

I pray everyone has a great time of worship this weekend!!

4 comments:

Rachel Cox said...

Momma - your office looks beautiful! They definately did very well in designing their offices.... very pretty areas!

Denise said...

Looks wonderful...so glad you had a great week. I know you will do a great job.

Anonymous said...

WOW...that reception area looks fantastic. I would give anything for a "clean desk". This must have been taken before you started right?!?!?! LOL... I know that you are an AWESOME secretary but.... ha ha!!
We'll be praying for Jeff this week.

FYI: We had GMA Coronation today...10 girls out of 13 completed steps. It was really nice.

Miss you guys. Love to you both.

Anonymous said...

By the way..I didn't sign the post above but it's from Jim and Margaret. Getting old really stinks!!! LOL