My heart is overflowing with thanksgiving this Saturday morning with God's goodness on my life.
The crosses above stand high in the sky at The Church of Pinnacle Hills here in Rogers as a tribute to the great gift of our salvation and a reminder each time I see them of how very blessed I am! Jeff & I have attended Pinnacle often since we moved here. It is 3 miles from our house. Ronnie Floyd is the Senior Pastor (as well as at FBC, Springdale). The two churches together average between 5,000-6,000. Even though a "mega-church," they are very bibically sound with great preaching and super music. When New Community (the church, our son, Andy pastors) was meeting on Sunday, we went to Pinnacle's first service, then to the 10:30 service at New Community Church. When the Rogers school district stopped churches from using their facilities, that posed a real problem for NCC. Andy searched and searched for an affordable place to meet and finally found a small Baptist church in Springdale that would allow us to use their facilities on Saturday evenings. So beginning the first of August, we began worshipping with our New Community family on Saturday evenings and continue to do so. God is working at NCC and we ask for your continued prayers for God's leading and much wisdom for Andy and Carman as they lead this fine group of believers.
However, since NCC is mainly comprised of 20-30 somethings, Jeff and I did feel led to join The Church at Pinnacle Hills, so that we could get connected with people our age and develop friendships. So we feel we are a part of two church families (and soon that will be 3 church families as you'll understand as you read this posting). We have found a Home Group at Pinnacle and are very excited at the new friendships that are developing as well as the study we are doing from the book, "One Month To Live."
About six weeks ago, I decided to put my "feelers" out and see if God wanted me to go back to work. With Jeff not knowing yet what God would have him to do, it was difficult for me to make the courageous step of seeking employment. But I just prayed about it and left it with the Lord - begging Him for clear direction.
Consequently, I started checking the classifieds, submitting my resume to those secretarial openings listed and also mailed my resume to the three largest churches in the area. Three weeks ago, I was contacted by the Church of Pinnacle Hills here in Rogers to come for an interview. I had a good interview and was called again the next week to come a second time and be interviewed by one of the Pastors. That very same day, Fellowship Bible, here in Rogers called me for an interview as did FBC, Springdale. My second interview went well and the next week, I interviewed at Fellowship and a 3rd time at Pinnacle with another Staff member. The job at Fellowship was only part-time, so I told them I wasn't interested at this time, although they all seemed like great people (I was interviewed by 4 staff ministers and two other people). I had been put on "hold" at FBC until Pinnacle made a decision as they are the same church.....just two campuses. However this week, FBC decided to go ahead and contact me and I went for an interview on Wednesday and knew in my heart, that was where God would have me work. Pinnacle was still considering me and seemed the logical place for me to work and had been the "desire" of my heart since moving here, however after my interview with FBC, I had such a peace and assurance that First Baptist was where I was to work. The next day I was offered the position at FBC and will begin my responsibilities there on Monday!! I will be the administrative assistant to Clint Smith, Minister of Spiritual Development. I am so very excited at this opportunity and being a part of the great ministry at First Baptist. The link to both FBC and Pinnacle is to the right on my Home page of this blog.
This position is full time, Monday-Friday, 8 to 5 - so that will be an adjustment to me. I haven't worked a 40 hour a week job since 1995, and then it was for only a short time. But since God has given me an extended, WONDERFUL, 9 month vacation - I am ready!!
I will have a 12 mile drive but it's almost all interstate, so will be an easy drive. And since we are just leasing a home here in Rogers, very possibly we will move closer to Springdale in the months ahead. Josh & Erika live in Springdale and Andy & Carman live between Springdale and Rogers, so we will still be very close to the boys. It would put us 15 minutes closer to Rachel, but 15 minutes further from our Mom's. But it's all very "doable!"
Also, there is a promising ministry opportunity in NW Arkansas for Jeff as well. He has an interview the end of September. We still stand in amazement and thanksgiving that God has met our every need and even many of our wants during this time of rest and a break from 'life.' As I'm sure you've read from my blog, we have thoroughly enjoyed the special times with family and friends during these months of not working. Jeff is preaching a revival in Kansas City this weekend and will be traveling to Mississippi next weekend to preach a revival there. He has had opportunity to preach several times for Andy at New Community as well as do some pulpit supply preaching here in the area.
We again want to thank each of you who have been praying diligently for us over these last several months. What a blessing you have been to us!! Please continue to do so. I will update this blog as I have time and "news."

3 comments:
I'm so happy that God's Will was so clear and that all the pieces fell together so wonderfully! Clearly this was His choice for you and Dad!
I love you very much! Enjoy the rest of your LAST WEEKEND of freedom!!!!!
I hope you had a fantastic first day. Love & miss you and Jeff so much. Jim and Margaret
Congratulations on your new position. Hope you had a good first day and have a good rest of the week.
Edith
Post a Comment