Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Mary's Birthday Party

October 20th was Mary Mooney's birthday. Since her son, Craig was in town visiting, I wanted to have a little birthday dinner for her. Craig suggested we make it a "surprise" - so that is what we did. Craig had told her he wanted to stop by and say hi to us and she noticed when coming to the front door that my dining room table was all sit for a meal and told Craig and Paul, "We can't stay long, looks like Debbie is having company" - ha! So this picture shows her reaction when she realized it was set for her (and her family!)
I had also invited her daughters, Paula and Becky, so was thrilled that they were able to come, along with Paula's husband, Lee and daughter, Heidi and Becky's son, Aaron. Mary couldn't remember the last time she had celebrated her birthday with all 3 of her children present.

I had made my homemade spaghetti sauce with meatballs, spinach strawberry salad and garlic bread. We had blackberry cobbler and ice cream for the Birthday "cake."

Mom was also here, as she and I were leaving the next morning for a road trip to Texas.

Paula and her Momma.....
Sure did love having the Mooney family in our home -- it had been YEARS since I have had that privilege!

1 comment:

Rachel Cox said...

Awww... good pictures!

That is too funny about Mary saying that before coming in the house!! hahaa