Here are a few pictures of our decor...thanks to Leigh Ryan & Judy Hall for all their help in getting me all "pretty!"
We enjoyed a wonderful meal at the Red Onion Resturant last week with our staff: Paul & Mary Mooney and Dave and Leigh Ryan (we have a wonderful staff and are so appreciative of them!).
Last night, we went caroling with several of our church folks. That was fun and heartwarming--but also sad to me when I saw the tears in the eyes of several.....I'm sure, in part, remembering past Christmases when their loved ones were still alive and their health was so they could enjoy the time with family and friends more. A vivid reminder to me, to appreciate every day of health and my family!
This week, I spent a couple of days baking pecan pies to give as a little "thank you" to those in leadership at our church. Here is a picture of the first batch......
Tomorrow night, we have the privilege of attending the "Glory in the Highest" Tour with Chris Tomlin, Louie Giglio, and Christy Nockels at The Church at Pinnacle Hills in Rogers, along with my sister, Kaye and husband Rob. Then we will spend the night at Kaye & Rob's lakehouse in Bella Vista, returning Saturday morning for another S.S. party that evening.
Sunday, our Adult choir will lead us in a meaningful time of worship and Christmas celebration. We are so appreciative of Troy Wade and Jerry Derfelt, along with the praise band, praise team, and choir members for their willingness to use their gifts and abilities in our church.
Jeff & I are looking forward to getting away for 48 hours next week for our 37th anniversary. We were planning on going to Branson, but after checking and seeing that the shows and Silver Dollar City are closed for the week, we will probably just go to Springfield.
I will be preparing a meal for Jeff's family, Christmas evening with my Mom joining us as well. We will be going to Springdale the next week to spend Christmas with all our kids, followed by time in Bella Vista with my extended family.
I can truly say that I have really enjoyed this Christmas season more than others since I'm presently not working at a job outside my home -- and then shopping for those future grandbabies have definitely added to the enjoyment and pleasure!
This week, I spent a couple of days baking pecan pies to give as a little "thank you" to those in leadership at our church. Here is a picture of the first batch......
Sunday, our Adult choir will lead us in a meaningful time of worship and Christmas celebration. We are so appreciative of Troy Wade and Jerry Derfelt, along with the praise band, praise team, and choir members for their willingness to use their gifts and abilities in our church.
Jeff & I are looking forward to getting away for 48 hours next week for our 37th anniversary. We were planning on going to Branson, but after checking and seeing that the shows and Silver Dollar City are closed for the week, we will probably just go to Springfield.
I will be preparing a meal for Jeff's family, Christmas evening with my Mom joining us as well. We will be going to Springdale the next week to spend Christmas with all our kids, followed by time in Bella Vista with my extended family.
I can truly say that I have really enjoyed this Christmas season more than others since I'm presently not working at a job outside my home -- and then shopping for those future grandbabies have definitely added to the enjoyment and pleasure!
I am presently doing Beth Moore's study, "Believing God." As with all her studies, I am convicted and challenged to live each day believing that God is who He says He is; believing that God can do all He says He can do; believing that I am who God says I am; believing that I can do all things thru Christ; and striving to make God's Word alive and active in my life. We serve an awesome God and He is worthy of our praise and a life of service! Thank you Lord - for sending us your only Son as that babe - to live that perfect life - then to die that horrific death - for my salvation! Praise You, Lord!
Merry Christmas to all!

3 comments:
I'm jealous that you were able to get tickets to that concert! By the time I heard about it, it was already sold out! Have fun tonight!
Kaye had emailed they were going and wondered if we wanted to join them. Thankfully, at that same time, a friend from our Rogers Home Group happened to put on Facebook, she had two tickets she needed to sell -- so I was able to buy the tickets from her. Looking forward to it - wish you guys were going too!
Didn't know that you and dad were planning on getting away for a few days this week. When are you going to do that?
Yes, you have had a busy month... and still more to come! :-)
Can't wait to see you all next week!
Post a Comment