A few fun & sober facts about Debbie “Boore” Swart – from A-Z
(I got this idea from another blog that I follow)
A: Andy: Andrew
Ryan Swart is our middle child. He was
born on March 25, 1980. He is married to
Carman “Wright” Swart and they live
in NWA. Andy and Carman have
blessed us with two wonderful granddaughters, Laine and Ellie. Andy is the lead pastor at Metro Church in
Rogers, AR. Carman does have a Masters
in Elementary Education and has taught in the past, but presently is home with
the girls who are her #1 teaching priority.
B: Bev: Beverly
Jean Boore Ferrell is my middle sister.
Bev and her husband Don live in East Texas. Don and Bev have two
daughters, Shannan and Shawna who are married to Michael McEuen and Nathan
Tunnell respectively. Shannan and
Michael have 4 children: Madyson, Zachary, Cooper and Alex. Shawna and Nathan have two boys:
Tristan and Noah.
C: Color: My
favorite color has always been red. Jeff
knows he is to bury me in something red with red fingernails and red
toenails. Although I had told him that years
ago when red was the popular fingernail color.
Now that I wear solar tip nails, someone will have to tell him he doesn’t
need to have my fingernails painted J.
D: DeDe:
That is my “grandma” name and
I love hearing Laine call me that (and someday Ellie will too)! Jeff is Papa and that too makes him smile real big!
E: Ellie:
Our second precious granddaughter is Ellie Kate Swart. She was born April 23, 2012 and is already
such a delight to us!
F: Facebook:
Those of you who know me well, know that I do love the social networking
tool of Facebook. Yes, I’m quite aware
of all the “bad” stuff that is
connected to FB but try to steer clear of that as much as possible and just
enjoy interacting with so many people from all the various avenues of my
life: family, GHS classmates, dear friends
and so many church members and acquaintances along life’s way. It has definitely made a very big world a lot
smaller and I do love it.
G: Grandparent:
If you aren’t a grandparent yet, then you won’t understand this. But if you are one, then you know full well
what I am about to say. Jeff and I anxiously
awaited the day when we would become grandparents. Our children were not in near as much of a
hurry for that as we were J.
We had been married 37-1/2 years before it became a reality for us. And
what a WONDERFUL blessing it has been! This Scripture is so true: Proverbs 17:6: Children’s children
are a crown to the aged……So bear with us, younger folks…..someday hopefully
you will experience the icing of life
that being a grandparent brings J. We presently have two precious granddaughters
and are anxiously looking forward to additional grandchildren in the future! I thought about posting pictures for every
letter….but that would require way too much time and make this posting
ridiculously long! Also, if you really
want to see pictures of family, etc., just scan older postings on this
blog. However, I couldn’t resist posting
this one picture of those two precious little girls!
H: Husband:
God sure did bless me when He gave me Jeff Swart! What a wonderful “almost” 40 years of marriage we have had. I am so thankful for a man who loves the Lord
first and foremost and then loves me so much.
I’m very unworthy of that love but so glad he loves me in spite of me! Jeff and I were in the same grade and
attended Girard High School all 4 years.
However, we didn’t really know each other till our Junior year when we
were assigned seats close by in Mrs. Hiland’s Jr. English class. Jeff was very popular, was a major player on
all the sports teams (football,
basketball, track, etc.) and was Jr. Class President. We were such an unlikely “couple.”
I was very shy and in the “background”
kind of girl. Being raised in a strong
Christian home was also a major difference in the two of us. We started dating our Senior year. Bless my Baptist Deacon Dad’s heart for ever
letting Jeff on our property…..the first time he came to get me for a date (which was to go to Pittsburg to see the
movie, “Love Story”), Jeff had on a Budweiser beer t-shirt! Yikes.
However, God did have a plan! And
Jeff yielded to God’s calling on his life after his first year of college at
Washburn University (where he was
studying to be a lawyer). He
returned home that following summer and we got engaged. We also got actively involved in a little
Baptist mission church in Pittsburg, Kansas that would have a major impact on
the direction of our lives. We married
on December 22nd, 1972 at Mt. Olive Baptist Church, rural Girard (my home church). We lived in Girard in an apartment above a
grocery store on the square for a few months, before purchasing our first
mobile home and living in a nice mobile home park in Pittsburg. It’s been quite a ride, but I wouldn’t trade
it for anything in this world!!
I: Ipad/Iphone/Computer: I do love the world of “technology.” Again, I know
with all things, there is bad as well as good, but my computer, Iphone and Ipad
are sure an “earthly” blessing to
me.
J: Josh:
Our first-born son is Joshua Jerome born on September 9, 1977. We had tried to have children for several
years prior to conceiving Josh, so we were so excited when we had our first
baby boy – and a red-headed boy at that!
Josh married Erika “Sherman”
Swart on August 7, 1999 and they also live in NWA (it’s such a blessing to have all 3 of our children living within 8 miles of
each other and only about 75 miles from Jeff and I!). Josh has an audio engineering degree and
works in the music industry mainly for Lionel Richey and the group, Journey. Erika is the office manager for one of Mercy’s
Health Clinics in Rogers.
K: Kaye:
My baby sister is Kaye Lynn Boore Harkness. Kaye is married to Rob and they live in
central Arkansas. They are parents of
Adrienne, Matt and Michelle. Adrienne is
married to Mike Goering and they have two sons,
Lincoln and Graham. Matt DeMott is
married to Kristen, who are parents to a new baby girl, Ellis. Michelle “Harkness” Stane is the mother of Megan and Nick.
L: Lainey-Bug:
Laine Virginia Swart is our first precious grandchild! She was born April 26, 2010 and brought with
her a whole new world for us to experience of love and joy!!
M: Ministry:
Jeff and I will celebrate our 40th wedding anniversary in
December and of that 40 years, almost 38 years have been spent in full-time
ministry. Jeff has pastored churches in
Kansas, Missouri, Arkansas and Texas. He
has worked as a Dean of Students at a Baptist College and has taught on two
college campuses. He also helped
supervise a world missions program which allowed him to travel in 67 countries
of the world. It has been quite a
journey, but such a blessed one. We are
loving our ministry at the present time which is First Baptist Church, Galena,
Kansas.
N: Names (which represent lives, faces, sweet memories
past and present):
God has so richly blessed us with knowing thousands of wonderful people
along the journey of ministry and in our present church family and we so look
forward to that day that we will all be together in that heavenly city! O, what a day that will be!!!
O: Occupation:
While in High School, I was a part of Ms. Dorothy Johnson’s secretarial
classes. She was an excellent teacher
and knew how to train a student to excel as a secretary. So before I even graduated, I began my
secretarial career at McNally’s in Pittsburg, Kansas. There were a few other secular positions
along the way, but for the most part, I have worked in a church setting as
receptionist, secretary, financial secretary, etc. Of course, for all those early years of
ministry, I was Jeff’s unpaid church secretary, but then when he became Pastor
of larger churches that had their own secretaries, I would then work at other
churches (it was just easier for us not
to work in the same church and know all the same struggles, etc.). I thoroughly enjoyed my time working at these
churches: Woodland Heights Baptist in
Conway, AR; Cedar Heights Baptist in Cedar Hill, TX; and First Baptist Church,
Springdale, AR. However, I love what I’m
doing now most of all---a stay-at-home wife! It seems my days are filled with activity and
there sure isn’t any boredom! I love the
freedom to go with Jeff to meetings, hospital and/or home visits, and to see
the kids, granddaughters, Mom, sisters, etc.
So thankful for this station of life!
P: Parents:
I was so very blessed to be born to Edward and Dorothy Boore on December
29, 1953 in Pittsburg, Kansas. I was
raised in a loving, godly home in the small community of South Radley (halfway between Girard and Pittsburg)
and we were in church (Mt. Olive, rural
Girard) every time the doors were opened.
I have many sweet memories of my childhood – with family, relatives and
church family. My dad passed away in
October of 2000 and is missed greatly.
Mom is still living in Girard and doing well for her 83 years of life! So thankful for my Christian heritage!
Q: Quote from Bible: I have MANY favorites. But today, this one comes to mind: Psalm 103:17-18: “17 But from everlasting to everlasting the Lord’s love is with those who fear Him, and His righteousness with their children’s children—18 with those who keep His covenant and remember to obey His precepts.”
R: Rachel:
We were richly blessed with our third child, a girl, Rachel Ann, born on
May 1, 1985. She recently married Jonathan
McCrary and they live in NWA.
Rachel is a kindergarten teacher at a school in Rogers. She will graduate in December with her
Masters in Elementary Education. Jonathan graduated with his Masters last
December and is a computer software engineer for J.B. Hunt in Rogers.
S: Salvation:
The greatest gift of all is God’s gift of salvation to me. I accepted Jesus as my Savior in August of
1964 at Mt. Olive Baptist Church, rural Girard, KS. Bro. Carl George was our pastor and led me in
asking Jesus to forgive me of all my sins and to come into my heart and save
me. What
a blessed assurance to know that I am saved for eternity and that I have a
glorious home awaiting me in glory!! My
prayer, dear blog reader, is that you too, know Jesus as Savior. If you have any questions about that, please
go to this link: www.jeffswart.com and click on the tab, "How To Become A Christian" or "Contact Me."
T: Travels:
Oh, how I love to travel (as does
Jeff). My Dad also loved to travel
so every summer he would take Mom and us girls on a two week vacation. It was always by car and always within the
U.S. but what wonderful sites did we see.
My favorite memories of childhood, no doubt! After Dad passed away, Mom didn’t want to
stop her traveling, so she has been so generous to provide some wonderful trips
for my sisters and our husbands. If you
follow me on Facebook, you have seen many pictures of those wonderful travels—a
great blessing! Jeff and I have also
been richly blessed by traveling to the Holy Land. Jeff was able to go the first time with a
group in 1984. I wasn’t able to go then. However in 2008 and again in 2011, Jeff led
groups to the Holy Land and I accompanied him……and believe me, it is sacred
ground! It’s hard to describe, but you
can just feel that God has a special hand of blessing on this land. Jeff hopes to take another group in 2014, so
if you would like to go with us, please let me know!
U: Urgency: Folks, Jesus IS coming soon!
Are you ready??
V: Vegetable I hate: Peas!
All kinds!
W: Women’s Bible Study: I
love to study God’s Word! And an extra
special blessing is doing that with a group of women. My first taste of personal in-depth Bible
study was around 1986 when I became a part of Bible Study Fellowship in Tyler,
Texas. It was a major turning point in
my life to realize I could actually study God’s Word on my own and apply it
practically to my life (and not depend on
my husband to explain everything to me).
I have journeyed through many different types of women’s Bible studies
and leaders and have gained knowledge from all.
However, my favorite is Beth Moore and her video-driven/workbook
studies. I have had the privilege to
facilitate many of her studies over the years and looking forward to starting
another one next week with the ladies at FBC.
I hope that God’s Word is a part of your everyday life as in it, you
will find all the promises, strength, instructions and encouragement you will
need in your day-to-day walk on this earth!
X: “Xtra”
– As a teenager, I always wanted to be an airline stewardess. However, living in a small midwestern community several
hours away from any major airport, it didn’t ever become a reality for me. I do love to travel by airplane though!!
Y: Yummy Food:
Mexican and Italian are my favorite restaurants; roast and trimmings is
my favorite home cooked meal, and ice cream is my downfall!
Z: Zzzzzz:
I’m sure you are ready for a nap after reading that!! Thanks for indulging
me!


6 comments:
Very neat post. I enjoyed reading all of it. The one thing that stood out to me most is... "Did Jeff actually wear a Budweiser tee-shirt to OUR HOUSE WITH DAD THERE on your first date!?! (I don't remember that) But, it's a huge wonder he was ever allowed back in our house. HA!!! God was definitely in it that he was allowed to come back. ;)
He really did, Bev and didn't think a thing about it. Now, of course, he laughs about it and uses it as an illustration often when preaching :-)
Neat idea! I might have to borrow it for my blog. I learned a couple of things... that you hate peas and you always wanted to be a flight attendant. :)
I didn't fall asleep. I loved it. Never knew Jeff wanted to be a lawyer! He would have been a good one. lol One thing I know for sure is that your "grateful heart" shines through in everything you write.
Carman - please do borrow as I would love to read your A-Z list.
Becky - thank you for your sweet comment. Yep, Jeff was going to be a lawyer and with his analytical mind, I'm sure he could have but so glad God had different plans :-).
I loved loved reading that!!!!
Post a Comment