I am excited - yet find it hard to believe - I don't have to go to work Monday -- or Tuesday -- or Wednesday, etc.!! I finished up my training of my replacement, also a Debbie, at FBC, Springdale last Wednesday. I really appreciate Kaye letting me stay with her in Bella Vista one week; Andy & Carman letting me stay the second week with them; and Josh & Erika letting me stay last week with them while I completed all that needed to be done at work. Those were very busy days but I have a feeling of accomplishment that everything was done and the new gal has a great "handle" on her duties and responsibilities.
I was surprised and honored with a little going away party at work on Wednesday. This is Kathy McClure, our party girl dishing up Ice Cream Floats. We also had chips and white cheese dip from Marketplace - some of my "favorite" things!

I was given a pretty grandparent frame that I can't wait to put a picture in!


Andy Wilson said some very nice things about me -- all very undeserved - but thank you, Andy!

I was honored to have Pastor stop by for a few minutes. He too had some very kind words for Jeff & I.

Here are some of the girls I was privileged to work with at our Springdale campus.

This is the gals I worked very closely with in the same office suite: Sandra McCoy, Anita Stewart, Kathy McClure and May Wheeler.

They gave me this beautiful bracelet from Brightons. I love it! Thank you girls for your "long suffering" with me; your friendship, your support and encouragement and your love!! I will miss all of you!

My boss, Clint & and his wife, Ashley were out of town last week, so not at the party. Clint was such a super boss to me and a great friend to both Jeff & I, using Jeff for several months to write the Bible studies for the Connection Groups which kept Jeff very busy and also provided our rent money! Thank you, Clint, for all you have done for both of us. I sure will miss you as well!

My prayer is that God will continue to richly bless the wonderful ministry of First Baptist, Springdale/The Church at Pinnacle Hills, Rogers in the days ahead!
I am now looking very forward to the future as I devote my time as wife, mother, daughter, soon-to-be grandma "DeDe" and Pastor's wife to this wonderful church family here at FBC, Galena.
3 comments:
So excited that you will finally get some rest...well, as much rest as you can get being a pastor's wife! :)
Yay for no more work! I pray pray pray that that statement is true for the rest of your days! No more work, only church, friends, family, and grandbabies! :-)
Love the gifts you received. That bracelet sure is beautiful! And I can't wait to see a picture in that grandparents frame!
Enjoy your first week as a stay home wife. I know it is exciting times for you and your family.
Post a Comment