Thursday, October 1, 2009

What a Wonderful Welcome Party!

The Women's Ministry of First Baptist Church, Galena, hosted a "Welcome Pastor's Wife" party for me this week. The first such party I've ever had in the 35 years of ministry - so a very surprising but sweet event in my honor. It started off with tons of delicious food!

Then lots and lots of "precious" gifts to open -- I haven't opened that many gifts at one sitting since my bridal shower!
The gracious hostess for the evening: Leigh Ryan:

Three sweethearts: Jenae, Heather & Angela........

A great smelling candle.........

The Boyes' girls......we did lots of laughing during the night!


This is a couple of pictures I took the next day at home as I "really" had the time to look at all the wonderful gifts. Goodness, gracious -- so many, many neat gifts!
These are just a few of the pictures -- to see all of them, please click on this link to the album I have on Facebook:


Thank you, FBC women for such a memorable night -- and for your open arms of love and acceptance! What a joy it is to serve with you in this place!

No comments: