Jeff & I, along with Paul & Mary received the gift of attending the Pastor and Wives Oasis in Branson, Mo., last week. Thank you, First Baptist for honoring us with this retreat. What a wonderful time we had!!
We stayed at the Chateau on the Lake, a beautiful hotel........

Our view each morning.......

The first session opened with the New South Quartet singing for us.

Then worship was led by David Attebery and his team from Antioch Baptist Church, Conway.....

John Greene, pastor of Harmony Hill Baptist Church, Lufkin, TX was our speaker for all 3 sessions (and did an excellent job).

Donny Parrish welcomed us from DiscipleGuide (formerly Dept. of Church Ministries). What a blessing this department/ministry is to Pastors, Staff and spouses. This is always a wonderful time of refreshment -- spiritually, emotionally, and physically. THANK YOU, DiscipleGuide!!

Eating at Olive Garden with Justin & Christie Rhodes (former pastor here at FBC, Galena) and Paul & Mary.

Our second session was opened with Avalon. WOW - what voices. Blessed my socks off!! They are singing "In Christ Alone" in this picture - one of my very favorite songs.

Wednesday afternoon we had off to rest, shop, or whatever. We did hit the outlet malls :-). These pictures were taken in front of our hotel when we returned from shopping. Paul & Mary Mooney.....

Jeff & I......

Wednesday evening, we were the guests to a very nice buffet banquet. Paul & Mary again.....

Jeff & I.....

Justin & Christie.....

John & Kathryn Greene.....

Jason & Toya Aultman, Antioch Baptist, Conway, AR

Our entertainers for the night were Selah -- another very talented group of musicians!
The girls......

The guys....

Then our last session was Thursday morning. It started off with a great ventriloquest, David Pendleton. He had several puppets and was so funny. But of course, our favorite was when he called Paul up on stage and did a stint with Aunt Tilley! Wish I would have had a video camera. Hilarious!!

A wonderful, wonderful three days. Again, thank you Church for this great gift for Pastor Appreciation!
1 comment:
Sure does look like a great time had by all! I know it was one of the things you missed when living in NWA was the Pastor's Oasis. :)
Love the pictures!!
Wish I could have heard Avalon and Selah! Both are wonderful groups!!!!
Post a Comment