Saturday, July 27, 2013

Grandchildren--THE ICING ON THE CAKE OF LIFE!

The last two weeks have been very busy but full of sweet blessings!
Andy and Carman sold their home in order to downsize and move closer to the church that Andy pastors.  So I was privileged to keep the girls here in Kansas for 4 days week before last while the kids packed.  They had come up on Sunday night for Jeff's surprise birthday party and left the girls with us.  This was Monday morning before Jeff had to leave for church camp (it was hard for him to go and leave those girls)!  They have on their "I Love My Papa" shirts :-).
 One of the mornings....Ellie Kate was in an extra good mood!
 Playing together
 
 NiNi (aka Leigh Ryan) brought over some toys.  She has been so generous to share her toys that she has bought for Adam and Aiden Meier with my grandchildren.  Laine loves these new toys.
 
 One afternoon, it was cool enough to play outside for a while.
 Blowing bubbles
 About mid-week, Papa had to take a break from church camp and come home to see the girls.  Thankfully, this year the camp is much closer to our home than it has been in past years (only 21 miles away) so that made it nice.  Ellie was sure laughing here!
 Of course, Laine wanted in on the action
 The girls were so good all week and slept every night 10-12 hours without a peep!
 
 A couple of shots before I took them home on Thursday.  Laine is sure growing into a pretty young lady!
 Cutie pie
 Sweet sisters
 This week, I was privileged to go to NWA and keep Copeland for Rachel and Jonathan while Rach returned to work.  I know it's so hard for her to leave her baby boy, so am praying for the peace and strength to do so.  Since she teaches at an "year-round" school in Rogers, AR, she had to return earlier than other teachers.  She has a couple of weeks of training/classes and then the students return.  Thankfully, Aunt Carman will be keeping him in the days/weeks ahead so that will be a blessing.
The first morning I kept Copeland, the girls came over and stayed for a few hours while Mom and Dad signed the papers to close on their house.
I always love getting pics of the 3 of the grandchildren together.  Ellie still isn't quite sure what to make of baby Copeland.
 Such a cutie -- and so very good for his DeDe all week!
 Even while grocery shopping
 
 His smile is just priceless!
 
 One day, Copeland and I met his Momma for lunch at my favorite tea room in Rogers
 
 I got the Asparagus Quiche, fruit and their delicious orange roll that they are famous for!
 Rachel got a delicious strawberry chicken salad and an orange roll and then we shared with each other.  Yum, yum, yum!!
 Back home with the boy!
 
 On Wednesday, Aunt Jenn (Jonathan's sister) came over to watch Copeland and I went over to help Carman unpack and entertain the girls.  Jennifer took this pic of Copeland that I stole to post...too cute!
 I took Carman and the girls out for lunch
 Thursday evening, Papa came down to spend the night and Friday with those grandbabies:
 
 Out to eat that night at Olive Garden with Rachel, Jonathan and Copeland.  He was so good to just lay in his seat while we ate.
 Friday morning (my last morning with him)...I was telling him that his cousins were coming to spend the day with him....
 And they did come....
  
 Helping me burp Copeland :-)
 Hallelujah for nap time!!
 
 
 It's so hard to get a good picture with all three of them.  Definitely my arms are full of much love, joy, and sweet blessings.
As I said many times and you are probably tired of hearing it, but being a grandparent is definitely one of the greatest blessings I have experienced on this earth.  How I love, love these children!  I am so thankful that at this season of life, I do not have to work outside my home and am able to take advantage of the times that I can help the kids out by watching the children.  Thank you, Andy, Carman, Rachel and Jonathan for allowing me such joy!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thank you for taking care of our babies!!! Love you!